The 5th Circuit has granted the Department of Labor's motion to expedite its appeal of a nationwide injunction against enforcing DOL's new overtime rule. DOL's motion asked for briefing to be completed by February 7, 2017, and the court's order will speed up the case even more than was requested - done by January 31.
Here is the order:
O R D E R :
IT IS ORDERED that Appellants’ opposed motion to expedite the appeal is GRANTED AS MODIFIED:
- Appellants’ opening brief and record excerpts are due on or before December 16, 2016.
- Amicus briefs in support of Appellants are due on or before December 23, 2016.
- Appellees’ response brief and record excerpts are due on or before January 17, 2017.
- Amicus briefs in support of Appellees are due on or before January 24, 2017.
- Appellants’ reply brief is due on or before January 31, 2017.
- Oral argument will be scheduled by the Clerk of the Court for the first available sitting after the close of briefing.
Web site for Ross Runkel, Arbitrator & Mediator: https://www.rossrunkel.com/