The President has nominated management-side labor lawyer Peter Robb to be the NLRB's next General Counsel – to take the place of Richard F. Griffin, Jr., whose term expires in November.
Who is Peter Robb?
- Currently: Attorney with Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC, Brattleboro, Vermont, where his practice has covered a broad range of labor and employment law.
- Former special labor counsel to Proskauer Rose.
- Former Chief counsel to NLRB Member Robert Hunter
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1970, in economics.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 1976, editor Maryland Law Forum.
With the recent installation of Marvin E. Kaplan as a Board Member, and the imminent Senate approval of William J. Emanuel, the NLRB should be at full strength with a Republican majority by the end of next week. Now the President will need to nominate a replacement for current Chairman Philip A. Miscimarra, whose term expires December 16, 2017, and who has announced that he will leave the Board.